Re: Debian lists and Cc'ing people in replies in addition to the list

Would everyone who responds to me on this issue kindly not fucking
send me duplicate copies. Thank you.

On 19 Aug 2001 13:37:10 +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> No, i think cricising someones viewpoint in a non-constructive way is of
> no value except maybe to releive some stress for the person sendign the
> flames.

We obviously disagree. :)

> I actually like getting CC'ed, it makes it harder to miss a message that
> is specifically meant for you, im on a dozen or so mailing lists (as im
> sure a lot of people are) i dont read every email on every list.

I understand why some people like this, and I don't mind sending them a
Cc if they make their wishes understood. For example, by using the
Mail-Followup-To header or adding a sentence to that effect at the
beginning of their e-mail.

(Since you want one, I'm sending you a copy. I wish you had the
politeness to not send me extra copies since I don't want them.
Thanks.)

> I dont understand why people are so sensative about it either, its just
> one extra email.

It makes it harder to see important stuff (that addressed directly at
you) and random discussion on a mailing list (which only arrives via
the list). This reduces the usefulness of e-mail - perhaps not by
very much, but enough to be worrying and irritating.

PS. This will be my first public e-mail sent via Evolution. This may
result in further embarrassment for me. Sorry about any hassle.