Re: Debian lists and Cc'ing people in replies in addition to the list

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 11:54:01AM +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>:
> > Please take your complaints private, Branden, where they belong.
>
> Actually, no, they should be in public, to educate everyone about this.

Brandens mail are not educative, but sometimes funny, increasingly often offensive.
You mail was educative.  Branden does not include information like pointers to
the developers reference. His mails tend to be targeted at individuals, and are
always triggered by carbon copies to him, but not by carbon copies to others.

He could decide to post an educative mail to the list every month, for
example.  This would do a much better job on educating newcomers.
Flaming individuals on a public list is not an effective way to educate
the masses.  This is doing more harm than good.

> In the long run, this improves quality of life
> for everyone.

Sorry, but I don't think that my life is improved at all by these actions of him.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de