Re: Debian lists and Cc'ing people in replies in addition to the list

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 10:45:53PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Would everyone who responds to me on this issue kindly not fucking
> send me duplicate copies. Thank you.

But, Lars, you see, what they have to say is *so* incredibly important
that you should receive extra copies so that the signficiance is not
lost on you.

Why go to the trouble of making contributions to mailing lists that are
well-thought-out, cite new and interesting facts, share insights, make
one laugh, propose novel solutions to long-vexing problems, or otherwise
possess merit when you can get people's attention by overflowing their
mail folders instead?

You should be ashamed of yourself for standing in advocacy of measures
that tell people they shouldn't drown the world with their drivel.
After all, if everyone else in the world hasn't evolved a sufficiently
complex set of procmail filters, that's *their* problem, isn't it?

The first step in good citizenship is getting everyone else to deal with
whatever you feel like dishing out, right?

Glad we agree.

Oh, whoops, now I've done it, I've gone and forgotten to CC you.  Now
<gasp> you *might not ever see this message*!  Oh, the tragedy!

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    It's like I have a shotgun in my
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    mouth, I've got my finger on the