Re: [OT] lazy maintainers

Le mer, 08 aoû 2001 03:24:30, Peter Joseph a écrit :
> 2) Myths packages are of very high quality

How could you said that when his packages are not uploaded.
We can't judge the quality of these packages without looking at it.
SID is here to provide high quality packages for woody. If it's not a
sensible package (like pam) it should be uploaded regularly in order to let
us try it, find bugs and use BTS.

btw, last Myth upload was not so high quality packages. Per example it was
necessary to install mozilla-mail in order to use mozilla-browser. This
kind of problem is easily found and corrected with package in SID.

Myth reasons to not upload fresh packages are:
- crypto in non-US
- better packaging (splitting mozilla in various packages).

The first one is a bad reason. We can upload in non-US (why not?) and why
non-US people should suffer from US crazy law?
The second reason is outdated. The Mozilla package has been splitted and
the next step "a package with only gecko" need some work from the mozilla
project.

The subject 'We need an uptodate Mozilla' is a recurring one. For me, I
would be happy if Kitame do a NMU but really happy if he takes over
mozilla. Otherwise we will speak about mozilla next month and so on.

Christophe

--
Christophe Barbé
Software Engineer - christophe.barbe@lineo.fr