Re: [OT] lazy maintainers

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 09:35:17PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> FWIW I would have continued to NMU AbiWord had gecko not instructed me
> to stop. It's his own stuborn behavior that has let the package fall
> out of date. I had begged him on many occasions to take over the
> package. Now I'm just bitter that my work on the package will go to
> waste and the package will probably never get updated.

Bah, I say take the package over.  It's been 17 months since the last
maintainer upload, and several new upstream versions have been released.
It is only due to your NMU's that we aren't as far behind as we would be.

Given the maintainer's level of participation in Debian, it may be months
before he notices.  In any event, before he goes complaining about the
speck in your eye regarding your package maintenance practices, he'd best
check his own for a plank.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you wish to strive for peace of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    soul, then believe; if you wish to