Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001 00:28:53 +1000
"Anthony Towns" <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> Then let me simplify it. If the consensus is that it's not worth
accepting
> the contribution of those members of the project who aren't willing to
> treat this as a job, then I'm happy to stop contributing. Personally,
> it's my hobby, and I, personally, will have absolutely nothing to do
> with with people who think they can make demands on my time.

Anthony, i dont think anyone is intending to make a person attack on you,
or question the valuable contribution youve made.

I think their are extreme arguments being used by each side of this
argument, but there is some middle ground.

It is a volunteer effort and no _one_person_ can demand _someone_else_ do
a particular task, everyone contributes what they can.

But at the same time their are basic principles that the debian community
does demands of all members i.e. honoring the constitution, abiding by the
social contract etc

So being a debian developer does mean one is agreeing to a set of demands,
but those demands are dictated by the majority, not any individual.

Glenn