Re: [Debian account] I request your attention

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 09:33:08PM +0200, Lars Bahner wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 04:56:40AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:57:05PM +0200, Lars Bahner wrote:
> > > I fail to grasp why that is so apparently self evident. No one can force
> > > you to volunteer, but if you do volunteer then you have agreed to do
> > > some work and had better do it. Otherwise you should withdraw from your
> > > voluntary work - or voluntary duties, as it where.
> > Is that really an ultimatum you want to be making?
> I am hardly in a position to make ultimata ;)
> It would be a question of honour, now wouldn't it.

No, it wouldn't. Not even slightly.

You have _no_ right to demand I do anything with my free time, or anyone
else. Unless you're their boss, you don't even have any right to demand
anything of people specifically paid to work on Debian.

The correct response to someone who goes MIA from Debian, or who gets
bored with doing stuff, or who develops a personal vendetta against you is
to be grateful for everything they've done in the past, and to volunteer
yourself (and prove your competence beyond any doubt, and whatever else)
if necessary.

How _dare_ you question the honour of anyone who's given of their free
time to help out Debian? Is your heart truly so blackened with arrogance
and selfish greed?

Cheers,
a "Hi Omnic" j