Re: GCC 3.0 status?

Hi....

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:25:02AM -0400, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
>WRT to a "porting party"...if this happens, can we organise a "port
>porting party" as well?  If even ten Debian developers port 100 packages
>over, that's 100 packages that each port (alpha, sparc, etc) would end up
>needing to compile/port (often times, the autobuilders can't compile
>things fast enough or run into a ton of problems that need looking
>into).  Lastly, there are platforms that gcc-3.0 won't work on yet (m68k,
>notably).  What would we do about those, especially if a package is
>ported and then won't compile with an older gcc?

Ok.. it can be a problem with arches, where gcc-30 doesn't work or doesn't
work correctly.

I think, on a porting-party, we have a look to this too, and, when
debian-developers and perhaps other volunteers, with experience on debian,
will porting packages to gcc-30, they might be able tio fx some problems in
gcc as well.

And when we don't have enough time, to end our work, we have to make a
second party. :)

I'm sure that there will be more than 10 developers on one party. :)

But first of all, we have to create a list to see, which packages have to
port, aren't we? Before that, we can't do a party, because, we don't know
what to .. :)

	Greetings
			Jan

--
One time, you all will be emulated by linux!

----
Jan- Hendrik Palic
Url:"http://www.billgotchy.de";
E-Mail: "palic@billgotchy.de"