Re: GCC 3.0 status?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 03:05:00AM +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic wrote:
> I think, on a porting-party, we have a look to this too, and, when
> debian-developers and perhaps other volunteers, with experience on
> debian, will porting packages to gcc-30, they might be able tio fx
> some problems in gcc as well.

You optimist! :-) I can only speak for myself, but IMHO GCC is a big
piece of software and not something where you can "just do a quick
bugfix". When I worked on GCC for a while 2 years ago, it took me
about a month to get to know the code before being able to do any
modifications.

[fx: waits for PhilB to chime in "Oh, it ain't that bad when you look
at one bit of it at a time". :-]

Cheers,

  Richard

--