Re: don't upgrade! libpam problem!

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:24:12AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> I always test the final .deb itself by installing and running it on my
> system.

which will not catch things like:

- path to a static file inside the development tree
- missing declared build dependeny
- missing dependency on non distributed /opt or /usr/local file
- broken upgrade path to some old version

And it is hard to test them all, thats why we have stable, so a lot of ppl
will test a lot of combinations. Thats where the strenth of the oss process
comes from.

Personally i do:

- grep for "ecki" in debian/tmp/*
- check ldd output
- "ls -lR debian/tmp | less" and look for broken permissions/users
- use lintian
- test upgrade against latest released version
- test fresh install

Unfortunatelly I can only test that on my single one machine which is most
of the time up to testing, sometimes unstable.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --