Re: serious bugs/package removal

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 02:12:50PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Building is automated, so a small manual action is actually not possible.
> Not havint Build-Depends is not a release-critical bug, since it means
> that some manual checking is always needed. Having incomplete Build-Depends
> is, since it means that the package declares `you only need this in order
> to build me', but that is not correct. That is just as bad as a missing
> Depends, since it means that the package can not be build using the
> information it provides.

Well I still disagree. This means that it would be possible to get the
package back into testing by just removing the Build-Depends line. This is
not how it was meant to be.

Anyway, it seems the autobuilders weren't the one finding the bug or else
the package should have never made it into testing. I take it autobuilding
is done as soon as the original upload is done, isn't it.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De