Re: serious bugs/package removal

Michael Meskes wrote:
>Sure and I will do that. But still I question the logic behind removing a
>package for this reason.

A "serious" bug, more or less by definition, makes a package unsuitable for
release.  The testing distribution is supposed to contain only packages that
meet some minimal set of quality criteria (up to date on all candidate
architectures, no RC bugs).  If a package becomes buggy after it was admitted
into testing, pulling it out again is a reasonable response.

p.