Re: serious bugs/package removal

>Yes again. But IMO a missing entry in Build-Depends does not make the
>package as such buggy. It's not that it does not compile on one arch it just
>requires a small manual action on the build machine. Yes, this has to be
>fixed (and in fact the fixed one is already in incoming) but I still do not
>see the reason why it is removed for this.

"Cannot build from source" has always been considered a release critical
problem.  It's not acceptable to require manual intervention from the person
doing the building.  Aside from anything else, the autobuilders process
between 50 and 100 packages on a typical day - it just isn't practical for the
administrator to spend the time manually tweaking things every time one of
them fails to compile.

p.