Re: How to block spam (Re: SPAM:come on dream world..)

Hi,

At Thu, 03 May 2001 03:24:25 +0900,
GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> wrote:
> At Wed, 02 May 2001 15:00:03 +0900,
> Kenshi Muto wrote:
> > I think the mailserver of Debian.org may rejects mails which contain
> >
> > All of Japanese who want meaningful discussions use the English
> > language (Content-Type: US-ASCII) on Debian mailing-lists.
>
> I dislike such an approach to apply on public mailing list server...
> As a matter of cource, It should be discussed with English on this
> list. *But* if someone use below mailer (like stupid mailer on M$,
> Mac or something) we cannot send any mails...

Don't we need to support such a stupid mailer, do we? :-)

OK, you're right.
We hate SPAM, but rejecting by Content-Type seems cause rejecting
unfortunately right users for us.

And, we receive a lot of SPAM, but SPAMs written in Japanese aren't so
many than one written in other language. Because Japanese (maybe
Hankul or Chinese also) can't be understand by nearly everyone
subscribes this mailing list, they seem stand out.

I'll simply add a rule to my procmail for this solution.
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org