Re: BTS feature?

    Steve> I don't follow your reasoning.  Are you suggesting that the
    Steve> bug submitters will be less annoyed if the bug is closed
    Steve> after 30 days, rather than immediately?  Why would that be?

Instead of forcing maintainers to keep the bug open, say for thirty
days, and manually close the bug, this is done automatically.

Many times, the maintainer has not bothered, and simply closed the bug
immediately.

In the first case, the submitter can response and say "Yes, it is a
bug. Here is why...". In the second case, the submitter must reopen
the bug, and potentially get into a flamewar other if the bug should
be open or closed.

Or put another way, the maintainer can effectively say: "if you don't
respond within 30 days, I will close this bug", but without having to
manually keep track of 30 days if he doesn't get any response.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>