BTS feature?

Hello,

during the latest debate on the BTS, I thought of a new feature
which would be really useful in the BTS.

Instead of the maintainer sending a message to
<bugid>-close@bugs.debian.org saying "this is not a bug" (which only
serves to annoy submitters who are convinced otherwise), you should be
able to send a message to <bugid>-autoclose@bugs.debian.org.

The BTS system would automatically close the bug if nothing else is
received, say within 30 days. If something is received, then the
autoclose is cancelled, and the bug remains open.

Same for responses of the type "if I don't hear from you, I will
assume this bug has been fixed". I think it would be nice if this
could get automated.

Comments?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>