Re: Bug#95801: won't let me upgrade perl from stable to unstable
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#95801: won't let me upgrade perl from stable to unstable
- From: Brian May <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 01 May 2001 22:19:08 +1000
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20010430211540.A4802@188.8.131.52> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Steve> On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, xsdg wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this is the correct answer, but do you have the
>> newest apt, apt-utils, debconf, debconf-utils, and dpkg
>> installed on that box?
Steve> Does that really address the problem? A user upgrading
Steve> from potato to woody once woody is released will also not
Steve> have the newest versions of these tools installed.
I think the problem would occur regardless of what apt you had
Jason may even be correct when he said it was not a problem with apt.
I am not going to argue where the problem lies, but just think it
should get fixed.
My apt, at the time, however was 0.5.0 (or possibly 0.5.3).
Brian May <email@example.com>