Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 10:39:14PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 10:34:24PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
>
> > Oddly enough, I now *start* to see his point. BTW, I have neither the time
> > (p100 with 48meg? multiple kernel builds, each time you build the package,
> > and that's bound to be a few, because of testing?) or the space (multiple
> > kernel trees, multiple kernel compiles, on 3.3gig?) to really do this, but
> > I'll try anyway.
>
> Hmm, well since you were talking about kernel-headers, you don't have to
> build any kernels.  Besides, if you start off with the current kerne-image
> source package, you'll see that it uses cp -l so it won't take up much more
> space than one kernel source would.
>
> Just change the rules to not call make-kpkg build and make-kpkg kernel-image
> and you're set.

I'll do this. Now I'm off to make this patch of yours. Which I'm doing,
because you're the best package maintainer in the world. Wait, huh? Now
*there's* a logic flaw. And I'm definitely doing it. So I can see which side
of the argument's right.

--
Daniel Stone
Linux Kernel Developer