Re: Woody Freeze Plans - Progress Report

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 07:49:28PM +0200, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> > >     Nicolas>   Or a pxegrub image ;) Or nbgrub if you're got an
> > >     Nicolas> etherboot rom.
> > >
> > > What is pxegrub? What is nbgrub?
> >   pxegrub: Grub packaged to be fed to a PXE boot client
> >   nbgrub: Grub packaged in an etherboot/netboot NetBoot image.
>
> Are they included in the ordinary grub package? They was not some
> time ago...
 They are in the source, like the rest of the netboot stuff.  They just
arn't enabled in the current packages.  Most because it's ugly, and a bit
unsafe(think ISA) to enable all the ethernet drivers & netboot stuff in grub
when it'll be primarily used to boot from a harddrive.  It should be
trivially easy to recompile grub with support for your NIC and (pxe|nb)grub
images.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for
reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."