Re: Woody Freeze Plans - Progress Report

Ian Eure (2001-04-07 13:02:13 -0700) :

> this is one of the things i think has been lacking in debian - in
> order to perform a network install, you must create 6 floppies;
> rescue, root, and 4 driver disks. bleah.

I usually get along really fine with two floppies (rescue and root).
I do replace the kernel on the rescue disk by an appropriate one (with
all needed drivers compiled in), but it's really easy.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Magic is one thing, and reflected-sound-of-underground-spirits is another.
  -- Twoflower, in The Colour of Magic (Terry Pratchett)