Re: db3 now in unstable

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 11:05:35AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> I just showed you. How difficult is that? Also, you don't even need to
> detect it in autoconf, you detect it in your code:
>
> 	#if DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 1
> 	#elif DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 2
> 	#elif DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 3
> 	#else
> 	#error Cannot determine db major version
> 	#endif
>
> Was that hard? Is it too complex? If you need to detect it in autoconf,
> compile this code and use it's output:
>
> 	#include <db.h>
> 	#include <stdio.h>
> 	int main() { printf("%d\n", DB_VERSION_MAJOR); exit(0); }
>
> Then use that output like this:
>
> 	db_ver=`./conftest`
> 	LIBS="$LIBS -ldb${db_ver}"
>
> Let's show some creativity here.

Gods, please don't - this is a really gratuitous use of compiled
binaries.  You can, and should, do this sort of thing entirely with
preprocessing - there's examples all over autoconf.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team