Re: db3 now in unstable

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 08:04:40AM -0500, Richard A Nelson wrote:

> I'd still like to see db3 setup like db2:
>    includes in /usr/include/db3
>    links in /usr/include
>
> This is the path used in the first of the 2.4.2-acx kernels - so I
> assume (yeah, I know) that its may be a more standard location.

The kernel does this because that is what redhat does. The default db3
install is in /usr/include. I really don't want to move it though.
People would really like to see libdb3-dev and libdb2-dev installable at
the same time, which I think is a bad thing because you never know which
one the configure script will pick up. I'd rather leave it as is.

Ben