Re: e3 (was Re: visudo not vi?)

On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 01:03:41PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > So, it's available, but just not being built in the Debian package.
> > It may be advantageous to make a new binary package for e3c so we can
> > get a little cross-platform use. ;-)
>
> e3c is really outdated compared to the assembler program.

I'll note that if someone had a weekend to burn, that's about the
amount of time needed to update reconvert the latest version of e3.asm
to e3.c.

In fact, for bonus points, it wouldn't be that much more work to write
a pattern recognizer in perl that would do automate most of the
process, so that e3.c could be kept up to date with newer versions of
e3.asm.  (Take a close look at e3.c, and you'll see what I mean.
Djikstra would be turning over in his grave.  :-).

The scary thought that is that someone is actively maintaining e3.asm
in this day and age --- and it's impressive how much can be done in a
12k executable.  It really goes to show how much *bloat* there is in
many modern programs.  <g>

						- Ted