Re: E-commerce made easy

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:21:33PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> The summary is, we have a filter in place that catches 19 out of 20 spams
> (believe me, the lists would be unbearable without it), and it is the
> only safe mechanism which stands next to zero chance of losing valid
> email. The basic idea is, we would rather get a few spams here and
> there, than risk losing valid emails to the list.

Oh, OK, so you *do* have a spam filter.  I was under the
impression that there was none.  A little spam making it
through on occasion is to be expected.  So is anybody
actively billing the spammers that make it through?  That
would be nice to see happenning as well.  Somebody on the
lawyer list maybe?

Thanks everybody for answering my questions, and for not
starting a holy war on my behalf.

 -Ralph