Re: E-commerce made easy

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 02:33:03PM -0800, Mike Markley wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 02:20:12PM -0800, Ralph Jennings <ralph@oro.net> spake forth:
> > Is this list filtering through RBL, RSS, DUL, or ORBS.
> >
> > If not, then it ought to be at least filtered through
> > DUL, RBL, and RSS.  If it is allready, then is somebody
> > gonna turn on the ORBS lists filtering?
>
> Before you go any further, please *PLEASE* search the list archives for any
> of the many flamewars about this that have come before...
>
> (And those who are sensitive about the subject, forgive him for he knows not
> what he does :P)

OK, I did a search for "spam filter" case insensitive, with partial
match, and all dates, checked all follow ups also.  I didn't find any
valid arguments for not putting in a spam filter.  I did however see
a couple of pissed off people with apparent open relays, or maybe it
was just a bad way of implementing the spam filter which said, anyone
not explicitly trusted, is untrusted (there are *definately* valid
reasons not to do that).

I'm not saying there are no valid reasons.  Anyone who was following
those discussions, please post a summary of the arguments given.

 -Ralph