debian on embedded systems (was: Re: portability as a goal for debian?)

* Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au) [010307 12:35]:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 12:31:52PM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> What are you trying to achieve by getting rid of bash? Some saved disk
> space?

Wasn't it you (could have been James Troup, too, not sure now)
who said some month ago, that it would be interesting to see
debian be used on embedded systems more? well, embedded systems
are all about saving space and resources. minimal *and prtabel*
programs are needed for that, for example.

As you might know, there are more then 10 times more embedded
systems then desktop system, let alone servers or even debian
boxes. so that is the market with big numbers and importance for
the future. In case you wanted to ask for relevance...

> If you're just trying to maintain a pointless protracted argument on
> this list though, please carry on. Seems to be doing pretty well so far.

I don not see what you gain by exclamations like this. I do not
mean any harm, so stop being personaly insulting, please.
I do not know the word 'protracted'. please use simple language or use
german.