Re: logcheck development

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 05:17:42PM +0100, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> But how should the links to /etc/logcheck/ignore.d etc. be set ? I do
> not want to have (workstation,server,paranoid) handling in logcheck.sh
> itself, it should only process files from /etc/logcheck/ignore.d. If the
> direcory ignore.d is not a symbolic link by itself, then it's contents
> would have to be links, which would need to be done in postinst.....

Exactly. Make ignore.d a symlink to whichever mode we're in. That way
the scripts don't have to do anything but add the files in the right
places and voila! it works.

/etc/logcheck:
  ignore.d -> workstation
  workstation:
  server:
  paranoid:

These can be workstation.d, server.d, and paranoid.d if you want.

--
Taral <taral@taral.net>
Please use PGP/GPG to send me mail.