Re: logcheck development

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> However, please wait until the next version of logcheck before putting
> rules files in your packages, because currently I am not sure on how to

Your email arrived about 5 minutes before I uploaded the next fetchmail
package, with a logcheck ignore file :)

Ok, I'll hold it for the next version.

> script in debhelper. Please tell me what you think about this. I would
> like to desing some scheme that will hold for quite some time.

IMHO you should go for the dh_logcheck solution, with either separate
directories for each configuration, or different filenames (package.foo
package.bar...). Just please make sure dh_logcheck has facilities to help a
package place the same file in all possible configurations.

Also, dh_logcheck should probably be added to debhelper, or else we'll need
to build-depends on logcheck[-dev?], add lintian checks, and so on.

  Henrique Holschuh