Re: Xinerama and gnome-control-center problems?

Hi,

Quoting Wichert Akkerman (wichert@cistron.nl):
> I suspect some people are confusing X with multiple desktops with
> X with xinerama. With Xinerama you can combine multiple screens
> which are running at the exact same resolution and depth into
> one bug display. With multiple desktops the screens become different
> X displays.
I have 'the bug', xdpyinfo tells me my screen is 2304x1024 (or something).
I _am_ running two monitors with different resolutions on a single xinerama
desktop..

You're completely right about the colourdepth though. xinerama needs a
single colourdepth.

Greets,
	Robert
--