Re: Daemontools

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 04:47:49PM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 06:41:10PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> >
> > DAEMON=daemon           # real name here, eh
> > DESC=some description
> >
> > case "$1" in
> >   start)
> >         echo -n "Starting $DESC: "
> >         svc -u /etc/service/$DAEMON
> >         if [ -d /etc/service/$DAEMON/log ]; then
> >                 svc -u /etc/service/$DAEMON/log
>
> this fails to set the pipe between run and log/run properly.
> this is one of the things that svscan guarantees. (provided that the
> $DAEMON directory is sticky, of course)

Actually, this is done automatically by svscan, if the service directory is
sticky.

Also, I forgot to add in my previous message, that it is unnecessary to run
any of these scripts on startup, because as soon as svscan is started it will
automatically bring up all services.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>