Re: HOWTO announce ITP

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Nils Lohner wrote:

>   Traffic is already high enough on d-devel that anything automated
> like that would cause me to unsubscribe (yet again).  As it is d-devel
> is hardly readable.  Postings like that don't belong on this list.  IMO
> subscribing to debian-wnpp and filtering is a solution for interested
> people, whereas dumping automated mails to a crowded list (aka spamming
> :) is not an option.
So a fixed tag in the subject line would help.  I'm using a procmail
rule which stores mails to -devel with subject ITP: into a special folder.
Unfortunately there are ITPs with "intent to package" etc which are
not found by the rule.
So automatic generation of ITP-mails from wnpp package tzo debian-devel
would be OK if there is a fix tag.  Just foreward those mails to
/dev/null if you are bothered.

Kind regards

          Andreas.