Re: HOWTO announce ITP

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 04:40:03PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> But then all the other messages (the usual bug junk) would clutter up
> -devel. And we all know that -devel doesn't need any more needless traffic...

Selective forwarding to -devel, perhaps?

> There will be a new list created, debian-wnpp@lists.d.o, and it will replace
> wnpp@d.o address. That way everyone who wishes to see ITPs and all can
> subscribe to that list.

Example.  I am not normally interested in ITPs.  I just happened to
spot one which caught my eye.  I would guess that a lot of ITPs are
like that.  The idea of them going to -devel is, I think, a good one
in principle.  I'd prefer not to have to subscribe to Yet Another List
for something of only marginal interest.

But I'm sure others may disagree....

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/