Re: HOWTO announce ITP

    Julian> Example.  I am not normally interested in ITPs.  I just
    Julian> happened to spot one which caught my eye.  I would guess

This is probably a good example. I have often seen messages pop up
from time to time "ITP: package X" with the response "but it has
already been packaged".

If these messages aren't posted to debian-devel, you run the increased
risk of the problem not getting noticed until somebody asks "how come
you changed the name of your package?" (as happened to me once - no I
didn't change the name, somebody uploaded a new version with a
different name...).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>