Re: dpkg-dev-emacs vs. debian-changelog-mode vs...

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:56:14 -0200
Henrique M Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > On 24-Jan-01, 06:35 (CST), Henrique M Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> > > dselect keeps pissing me off trying to install all sort of crap I don't want
> > > because of Suggests, but *this is a bug in dselect*.
> > >
> > > We should be able to simply mark a package as in 'hold' 'uninstalled'
> > > 'purge' state and dselect should respect that and do not try to change the
> > > purge to 'install' because of a Suggests.
> >
> > Since when does it do this? I've never seen such behaviour.
>
> You're right. The selections which keep annoying me are Recommends, not
> Suggests.
>
> > Now, of course, if you meant "Recommends" instead of "Suggests", you're
> > absolutely right.
>
> Yes, that's it. I'd still like dselect to respect my express wishes NOT to
> install anything I set to held purge.

Yet still somewhat annoying, but might aliviate: you can manually
de-select the packages you don't want (underscore or minus) and exit
with shift-Q; then your wishes will be obeyed.

--
Christoph Simon
datageo@terra.com.br
---