Re: dpkg-dev-emacs vs. debian-changelog-mode vs...

On 24-Jan-01, 06:35 (CST), Henrique M Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> dselect keeps pissing me off trying to install all sort of crap I don't want
> because of Suggests, but *this is a bug in dselect*.
>
> We should be able to simply mark a package as in 'hold' 'uninstalled'
> 'purge' state and dselect should respect that and do not try to change the
> purge to 'install' because of a Suggests.

Since when does it do this? I've never seen such behaviour.

Now, of course, if you meant "Recommends" instead of "Suggests", you're
absolutely right.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read