Re: dpkg-dev-emacs vs. debian-changelog-mode vs...

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Itai Zukerman wrote:
> > dpkg-dev Suggests: dpkg-dev-el
> > dpkg-dev-el Depends: emacsen
>
> I don't want dselect to tell me to install emacs on my system

Wichert, believe me, I know what you mean.

dselect keeps pissing me off trying to install all sort of crap I don't want
because of Suggests, but *this is a bug in dselect*.

We should be able to simply mark a package as in 'hold' 'uninstalled'
'purge' state and dselect should respect that and do not try to change the
purge to 'install' because of a Suggests.

dpkg-dev-el should be in dpkg-dev Suggests: field. And dselect should be
fixed to not change the status of a held package because of a Suggests field.

  Henrique Holschuh