Re: Snes9x and Quake in main

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:52:29 +0000 (UTC),
dvdeug@x8b4e516e.dhcp.okstate.edu (David Starner) said:

    > Actually, if I understand the issues for Quake, there's no
    > non-trivial .pak that doesn't depend on non-free material.

Wrong. My Quake installation is completely free because my data
pak is OpenQuartz (http://www.planetquake.com/gg/openquartz.html).

Packaging this may be a good idea, but the existence (or not) of
free data for Quake is irrelevant. It could be useful to install
Quake and start developing free data for it. Forcing me to add
contrib to my sources.list to develop DFSG-free data for a
DFSG-free game is silly.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@progeny.com
Software Developer