Re: Snes9x and Quake in main

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 10:58:46AM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ben Collins wrote:
> > Come on, people can write their own .pak's for quake, and quite a few
> > people can write byte code for snes9x programs.
>
> So why aren't there packages of these things in main?

Because no one has written a ROM image for snes9x that is worth playing,
and .pak's are more readily available on planetquake.com than forcing it
to be in the archive.

Perhaps you can convince the quake maintainer to include a cheesy .pak
as a base for the game, and the snes9x maintainer to include a demo ROM
image.

Obviously the more fun games for these things involve the non-free
.pak's and ROM images, but we can't base "free/non-free" on the
free stuff not being as fun as the non-free stuff.