Re: debconf question

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 09:43:09PM +0100 , Klaus Reimer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to package a software which is a PHP module. The Author has
> already created an unofficial debian package and I want to maintain this
> package and include it into debian. The package is currently asking three
> questions in postinst, to do the following things:
>
> 1. Add extension-entry in php.ini

you tell me. I cannot think a way to have sanely generated extension= from
installed php4-* package. The php.ini adding should be handled by the
appropriate version (php4, php4-cgi) so it would be added to every possible
SAPI version or php4, which may exist in the future.

Maybe php4-gd.config - register as php4 extension
php4, php4-cgi.config - check for what extensions are installed ( though this
probably should go to postinst or can I somehow guarantee then all the
extension .config files will be processed before I need them?) and ask for
every of them if you want to activate it.

				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.