Re: debconf question

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 09:43:09PM +0100, Klaus Reimer wrote:
> I am planning to package a software which is a PHP module. The Author has
> already created an unofficial debian package and I want to maintain this
> package and include it into debian. The package is currently asking three
> questions in postinst, to do the following things:
>
> 1. Add extension-entry in php.ini
> 2. Add an alias-entry in apache's httpd.conf
> 3. Restart apache
>
> prerm ist asking to do the following
>
> 1. Remove extension-entry from php.ini
> 2. Remove alias-entry in apache's httpd.conf
> 3. Restart apache.

you can't do this!

see 4.7.* policy:
     The maintainer scripts should not alter the conffile of _any_
     package, including the one the scripts belong to.

describe the changes in php.ini and httpd.conf in README.Debian and
the systemadmin will add your changes (or not).

Gruss
Grisu
"It is not yet possible to change operating system by writing
 to /proc/sys/kernel/ostype."              sysctl(2) man page