Re: [EOT, hopefully] NM flamefest

** On Jan 14, Ben Collins scribbled:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 11:33:43PM +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> >
> > But, in reality, it's the only way to shut people like Ben Collins up. I'm
> > hoping it's not implemented.
> >

> No, I'm sure you mean "the only way to shut me up is to give me my
> debian.org email address and my account to your leet boxes!"
Hmm, wouldn't it be a bit wiser to tell the AMs to thoroughly TEST the
applicant wrt his/her goals, plans, etc? Isn't that what the NM process is
all about? Aren't you saying that you don't trust AM are doing their job
(i.e. CHECKING SUITABILITY OF A PERSON TO _BECOME_ A PART OF DEBIAN)? If you
are worried about proliferation of Debian machines, just make the NM process
tighter, harder, more troublesome - it will filter out all wannabe hackers,
warez traders, script kiddies, loonies, Bugs Bunny and whoever else. And let
those who pass the NM process be _full_ members of the project. And, yes, if
you think the NM process should be changed to be more PITA I agree to wait
for it and reapply :)

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 Glee Club groupie, n.:  A girl into choral sex.