Re: [EOT, hopefully] NM flamefest

Hi Daniel!

You wrote:

> I TOTALLY SUPPORT THE PROPOSAL TO ONLY HAND OUT @DEBIAN.ORG EMAILS AND
> ACCOUNTS ON REQUEST, AND EVEN THEN, ONLY WITH A BLOODY GOOD REASON, AND
> APPROVAL. FANTASTIC. BRILLIANT. ADOPT IT. PLEASE. I AM BEGGING YOU.

I don't really see the point here. What's the advantage of giving NM's
only the possibility to upload packages and no (at least no all of to
all of them) an account a an email address? Will it make the NM
process easier? No. Will it make it faster? No. It will only create more
bureaucracy. Futhermore, it will only increase the distance (in the
amount of work being done as well as in everyone heads) between the
so-called Senior Developer and the average developers.

Can you please tell me _why_ it is a problem right now that NM's get an
account and an email address? Are there people in the NM queue (or
people that have become DD recently) who only wanted to become DD's for
the foo@debian.org and the account and do not want to contribute to
Debian? I doubt it. And even if it were the case, it would mean we have
to change the NM process, not creating a `lesser' and a `senior'
developer.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |