Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > On 20010114T010257-0600, Scott Dier wrote:
> > > What about odd programs with breakage on non-x86 platforms?

> > Those are special cases, and warrant access to our non-x86 machines.

> What about those with sid (me) who want access to potato and woody machines
> to test with weird breakages? (me)

> Why in hell are you people so immediately suspicious of NMs?

Perhaps because there's a general tendency among NMs to strut around on
debian-devel, talking big, showing their ignorance, and being so
disrespectful to existing developers that it makes it difficult to believe
that giving them voting rights and direct access to the upload queues is
going to be of benefit to the project.

Thank you for doing your part to allay suspicions.

It has been stated time and again here that the reason for the delays in NM
processing are due to lack of time on the part of the DAM (who is not,
incidentally, named 'Ben Collins'); but with this constant flame-fest here
on d-d, I wouldn't be surprised if the DAM decided to push NM-processing
down a couple of slots on the priority list.  As one who would like to get
through the NM queue before the end of the millenium, I think it would be
just peachy if other NMs were a little more civil when posting to a mailing
list populated with those they want to have consider them peers.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer