Re: Latest Mandrake

> > *WE KNOW THAT*
> i don't.
>
> i just built another debian box yesterday using the latest 2000-12-03
> install floppies, and was again impressed at how good it is - it gets
> better and better with every new release of the boot-floppies.

Well, I'm glad you like it.

> i just can't see what it is that people complain about - it couldn't
> possibly be any easier. a smooth, easy, and faultless installation.
> IMO, the boot-floppies team are doing a great job.

Sure it's easy for someone who has installed Debian before, and likes to
do every configuration step interactively....

We can and are making the installation system better with debian
installer. There are a lot of things that can be done in a more
integrated fashion. From the technical point of view, there are a lot of
things about the way potato boot-floppies are put together that people
who work on boot-floppies do not like, but are limited by the previous
design. In the spirit of planning to do everything twice I think there
is a lot of value to re-looking at how Debian's installation system is
built, and how we can improve it. We cannot be all things to all people,
but we certainly can be more things to more people.

my 2cents...
randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>