Re: Latest Mandrake

>>>>> "EO(" == Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr> writes:

    EO(> I saw the latest beta of Mandarake last week, and I think it
    EO(> surpasses Debian in terms of usability. The thing uses GRUB
    EO(> for bootloading and gnome/kde has been nicely integrated into
    EO(> their config tools. They use that drakconfig thing (which
    EO(> looks like a linuxconfig frontend.. correct me if I'm wrong)
    EO(> that works surprisingly well.

I don't think you've picked up on what Mandrake does REALLY WELL,
which is hardware detection and management.

If you want a smooth, sexy install of Linux, try installing
Mandrake. It's just really about the most sensual experience I've ever
had installing an OS. Everything is autodetected so I don't HAVE to
tinker if I don't want to, but if I want to I can muck with every
little detail to my hacker's heart's content.

Seriously, everyone should try installing Mandrake, just to get a feel
for what it SHOULD be like.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou