Re: RFC: provides: java-servlet-engine

* Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> [001216 16:16]:
> > If I am not mistaken to precedence, the use precedes policy. Email the
> > maintainers, and ask them to include the Provides: line. :)
>
> You are mistaken.
> /usr/share/doc/debian-policy/virtual-package-names-list.text.gz says:
>

> <-- snip -->
>
> Packages MUST NOT use virtual package names (except privately, amongst
> a cooperating group of packages) unless they have been agreed upon and
> appear in this list.

Hmm. That part right there seems to say to me that the packages
cooperate and can use virtual package names.

(I thought for sure I was practically quoting someone from
debian-policy. Of course, now I am having trouble finding it in the
archives.)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''