Re: Latest Mandrake

> > Hogwash.  dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xfree86
> I meant hardware auto-detection.

Even potato had hardware detection for X (anXious) that is part of the
installation process.....

One thing that no one has really touched on ... people complain that
Debian's installation system is not as smooth as Mandrake, RedHat, etc.

*WE KNOW THAT*

But look at how many people we have working on the installation
full-time, or just work on the installation system actively from time to
time? We have a lot of plans to make the installation system more smooth
and better suited for automated installs, etc. But as long as people are
just complaining and not actually helping, it's just not going to
happen. Debian is a volunteer effort, things don't happen unless someone
volunteers to help.

Just the debian-boot list, help with coding and testing, and then we can
make Debian's installation system better....

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/