Re: Bug#79647: postal: includes precompiled object in source -- refuses to build
- To: Ryan Murray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#79647: postal: includes precompiled object in source -- refuses to build
- From: Russell Coker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:40:04 +0100
- Message-id: <0012161640040A.10070@lyta>
- Reply-to: Russell Coker <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20001216031538.B19890@cyberhqz.com>
- References: <20001215041840.AD23CA7802@cyberhq.internal.cyberhqz.com> <0012150907333L.00826@lyta> <20001216031538.B19890@cyberhqz.com>
On Saturday 16 December 2000 12:15, you wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 09:07:33AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > So that leaves the question of why didn't ssl get detected on your
> > machine? If SSL was detected by the ./configure then it should not use
> > md5.o.
> Hrm, I do see the build depends. I think it may be my fault. I don't have
> the full buildd setup yet, so I've just been running sbuild manually, and
> the source dependancies were out of date. sbuild thought the dependancy
> wasn't available (probably due to a newer version in the archive? I'm not
> entirely sure how sbuild works yet).
Maybe the openssl096-dev should provide openssl-dev so my package can
build-depends on a package name that will always be there?
I am CCing this to the debian-devel list so that others can comment.
Also I should have a new postal out within a week and would rather have that
kick off a new auto-build process. I prefer to have things done
automatically, if only to find out bugs in the automatic stuff ASAP.
http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/ Bonnie++ hard drive benchmark
http://www.coker.com.au/postal/ Postal SMTP/POP benchmark
http://www.coker.com.au/projects.html Projects I am working on
http://www.coker.com.au/~russell/ My home page