Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 8, 2000

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 09:45:16AM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > I've adopted djtools, and fixed another (maybe?) related bug, but haven't
>
> Ah, why is the maintainer-field still pointing to debian-qa in woody?
> Are you in the NM queue and waiting for the approval?

Yes, and I'm also waiting to see if the other (important-severity) bug
is fixed by my new package.

> > Could anyone who experienced the problem of losing lines when printing
> > text files using djscript (the default text filter for hp printers using
> > magicfilter) please test the new package at
> > http://gemini.woot.net/~hosehead/packages/djtools
> > to see if this problem still persists? Thanks.
>
> May I suggest, that if no one steps up and complains or no one test the
> package within a certain time, you just close this report, upload the
> new package and wait if someone sends in a bugreport again. We can't let
> open bug report stay open till maybe some day the submitter shows up
> again.

I'm going to try a bunch of testcases on my own printer (today, now that
I've finished an exam and have a bit of free time before my next one). If
I can't reproduce the bug report, I'll either tag it or close it, and
certainly reduce its severity.
I'm also willing to wait for a few weeks, since the bug was reported only
just this last September; I can be patient.