Re: NetBSD pkgsrc function

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 01:25:54AM +0900, Noka, Shigekazu wrote:
> > 'make world' <http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/makeworld.html>
> > seems to be one of the most attractive function of BSD.
>
> IMHO, 'make world' appeals to people who want to compile
> everything from source, without ever using binary packages.
> At Debian we are already used to using binaries.

Yeah, but look at it this way: it's pretty unlikely that anyone will
do more than talk about this.  Remember the whole 'debian-bsd' thing?

If anyone actually takes the time to do this, and do it well (i.e.,
make sure that it works with/within the existing debian framework),
then it's probably worth a look, right?

--
David N. Welton
     Personal:           http://www.efn.org/~davidw/